Friday, July 5, 2013

I Love My Children, I Love My Children, I Love My Children

I should have known. I write a blog about looking on the bright side, dealing with the chaos and building memories for our family and then what happens......my family goes on a revolt. Today has seriously been one of the hardest days I have had in a long time. One of those days when I just keep chanting to myself: "I love my children, I love my children, I love my children!" Can you relate?

The baby wakes up with the sun after not sleeping well through the night, the chores aren't finished with guests on their way, the dog is barking continuously at something in the back field, someone accidentally turned the knob on the stove and gas was pouring into our home for several minutes before it was noticed, everyone is feeling the need to tattle and whine........and on and on and on. "I love my children! I love being a mom!!!!" Right, I do love this, don't I?

Yes! I do love my children and I do love being a mom, but sometimes I just have a bad day. I know that loving my children and sharing Christ's love with them is the most important job in the world. I know that even though I am having a bad day my children still need to know they are loved, secure and   taken care of. It really isn't their fault that I am having a bad day, the need to put my grumpiness aside and give a few extra hugs. Hugs make me feel better too.

Let me encourage you to step back on those grumpy days, give extra hugs and remember your job is essential! I am trying to do the same.

No comments: